Saturday, February 18, 2012

Kamakura By Jib


One day in Kamakura 

Hello. How are you? It's been so long since I went to Yokohama. This time I spent my weekends in Kamakura. I bought Kamakura Enoshima Pass at Ofuna station. It costs 680 yen for one day use. The pass can be purchased at vending machines and ticket offices.





I got off the train at Kita-Kamakura station. It is the station before Kamakura station. I walked just for 2 minutes to Engakuji temple. At the station you can see a guide board so you can get a direction so easily.






Walked for a few minutes, I got Enakuji temple which is one of the most important Zen's temple in Kamakura.









I can say that I don't know much about this temple. Once I saw it , it didn't look like a temple. 






Then I reached the entrance gate which was made of woods ( I think it looks like a whole tree). 






This a surrounding in the temple area which is full of trees.













Then I went to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu which most important shrine in Kamakura. 















And the highlight is The Great Buddha of Kamakura (Kamakura Daibutsu).It is the place located is a bronze statue called Kamakura Daibutsu which is the second tallest bronze Buddha statue in Japan.








This is the Great Buddha of Kamakura.





I recommend you to try  a Tago Sembe, a rice cracker made with a whole squid in a fry pan. It has a unique taste like squid cracker. I can call it a squid cracker and I like it!!!





An access to Kamakura is so easy. I suggest you to go by train.






Access :

By JR Yokosuka Line
The JR Yokosuka Line connects Tokyo Station directly with Kamakura Station. The one way trip takes just under an hour and costs 890 yen. Along the way, the trains also stop at Shinagawa Station,Yokohama Station and Kita-Kamakura Station among others.

By JR Shonan Shinjuku Line
The JR Shonan Shinjuku Line provides a direct connection between Shinjuku Station and Kamakura Station. The one way trip takes about one hour and costs 890 yen. Only trains bound for Zushi, that is roughly every second train (about two departures per hour), provide a direct connection to Kamakura. Otherwise, a transfer of trains is required at Ofuna Station.

By Odakyu Railways
The cheapest way of visiting Kamakura is by Odakyu's Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass, which includes the round trip from Shinjuku to Kamakura and unlimited usage of the Enoden train for only 1430 yen. Note however, that when using this pass, the journey to Kamakura takes at least 90 minutes, compared to about an hour by JR.








No comments:

Post a Comment