Saturday, February 4, 2012

What about Historic Daimyo's Procession!

What about Historic Daimyo's Procession!
Dear Everyone,
First of all, I must start from a question that “Do you know “Hakone? “. Because the procession I would like to write today was holding there every year. Hakone is one of the attractive and charming places that I feel. A fascinating nature around there attracted me to be there.


At a library after school, I read as magazine, then saw the article about this procession that was called Japanese in  “ Daimyo  Gyouritsu” or you can called in English name as “Daimyo Procession”. So I thought that I have to come there.
On that day, I start form Shinjuku, bought a Hakone pass.It cost 5,000 Yen, but you can ride many transportation there for free. Moreover I bought a romance car ticket becuase it was so fast. Just only 90 minutes I reached to Hakone.

Daimyo Procession was hold on November 3 rd. of every year. The parade was not
that quite big, but it could make you feel like “Back to the past together”.
Something like that!







The parade was start at a primary school yard. When the time ran to 10 a.m., you will heard a sound of an ancient music came along with a drum rhythm, people with an ancient cloths start to walk along a little road to lead you up to the mountain village.







As I saw a part of the audiences was the villagers who live around there, but the visitors who came from another town like me were not less too. You can saw an enjoy face of many foreigner visitors walked together with the procession.





The participants of the procession were villagers who come from different ages, I was not doubt that why some of the participants had a nice conversation with a visitors while there were walking.

While I walked along with the parade I felt thirty but there was no a convenience around there. Then I heard a sound of the old man who calls me to drink a coffee that he prepared at the front of his hotel. Don’t you think it is so generous? At least I had never seen it in a big city, even my country. One thing I can feel a different of this procession is how these people of here are so considerate! How nicely!


The parade was very colorful. You will see many ancient dresses and traditional dances. A combination of a traditional song and a modern song from musical instruments from many organizations.







The procession was separate for two parts, in the morning and in the afternoon. You can join from the starting or while there are walking. The visitors will sit and wait at the point the parade will stop a show a short time of a performance. Otherwise some visitor was walking with the parade until the break or the end.







The impression of mine is the way they maintain this wonderful traditional. The villagers join and support together. So, why don’t you want to be a part of the  visitor of this procession!


Access
Hakone can be accessed from the Odakyu Romance Line, for approximately 85 minutes. Whether you come from Mishima or Gotemba, you will easily find sightseeing spots and hotels that satisfy your trip.

Information :
Tourist Information at Hakone
Tel: 0460-5-7751



No comments:

Post a Comment