Tuesday, August 23, 2011

San Nou Sai (San Nou Festival) By Thaa

Hi Everyone,

 I am glad to come back here to tell my story again.

On August 3, 2011, I got the great opportunity to take apart in San Nou Festival or The Japanese would call in “ San Nou Sai” . Actually this activity is one of my language school activities, by helping of Kawasaki Lions Club.



The festival started from the morning, I and a lot of friends walked to the gathering point. After few minutes passed we started to carry “ Omikoshi ”,the portable shrine, we carried this portable shrine around the city. Not only me and my friends, a lot of members of many clubs also carried with us. Turn in and out, we helped of each other. While carrying, we said “Yo~I, Syo~u”, the leader who control the direction started to say it out loud, then the members who carrying the portable shrine will answer the leader call more louder. Every time we passed the corner or any junction, the leader will sign the signal for slowly moving, but not to stop. We still carried up and down, waiting for moving of signal. At the moment, I could really feel to the shrine’s weight. It was not light as I thought at all. Even though everyone got tried and worn out, but I saw only happy face on their faces. Everyone was happy and willing to carry the portable shrine to the marked point. After forty minutes gone, we reached there. Everyone sweat like a pig ,also me too.
























This festival that I had joined was belonged to the Inagi Shrine. A little shrire which is located on the middle of the Kawasaki town, was crowned at there. The place where the portable shine that we had carried come out, and turn back at the night around 8 P.M. At that time, the Inagi shine was crowned by the people who wait to see the Omikoshi turn back to the shine and I was the one in that crowned.



I heard a story from my Japanese teacher, Mr.Matsumoto, that long time ago the God and the Goddess would like to see how their people life is fine or not. But they cannot go by themselves so the carrier made the two of portable shines and carry the portable shrine out there once a year for the God ‘ need.That is why the festival was take place every year. Kind of an interesting story, don’t you think?


 

I can say I was very proud to be a part of their member. I had dream a long time ago to carry some portable shrine like this. Few years before I decided to study in Japan, I had seen one of  the TV Show which they said about Japan Festival like this. I saw many people helped to each other to carry and support the weight of “the Omikoshi” Tried but everyone had a smiley face. Since that time, I had promised to myself  that if I had a chance I would do it certainly. Finally I got that chance and I was not disappointed at all. It was really great feeling.

One of the reason that why I am very proud to join this festival is, normally woman was not allowed to carry “ the Omikoshi”, so it was my rarely opportunities for me for joining this event.




Well, since I done and I really feel great about this experience, so I would like to share my feeling. Even you maybe can’t join the festival like me. Just join it, watch it, then you will feel it. Trust me!!
And I hope there would be some miracle for some of you to have this experience like me some day.

Have a nice day.\/(^-^)\/



Access
http://takemikatsuchi.net/etc/index.html
You  can get off  the JR at Kawasaki Station and walk along the above like around 15 minutes.Or If you come from Keikyu Line, please get off the train at KeikyuKawasaki Station then take a 10 minutes walked.


Information at Shinage Shrine
7-7 Miyamotochou, Kawasaki Ku, Kawasaki Shi,
Kanagaa Pref. 210-0004
Tel : 044-222-4554
Fax: 044-245-2003
稲毛神社 210-0004 神奈川県川崎市川崎区宮本
7-7 tel:044-222-4554 fax:044-245-2003



No comments:

Post a Comment